Monday, May 19, 2008

Wine and Running


Yesterday, Jim and I went to the Spring Wine Festival at Mount Vernon. We took the tarp (because the ground is still wet) and the picnic blanket, bought a fruit and cheese box and a bottle of cabernet and sat on the south lawn with all these people and listened to the jazz band. It was lovely. We also tasted several wines and toured the mansion. This wine festival is the only time of the year when the cellar is open and you can go under the house.

In other news, I've been working on a running training program called Couch to 5K. It is a nine week program that builds your endurance until you can run a 5K start to finish. You run each week's program three times. I am currently in week 4 and I was able to finish the week four set for the first time yesterday. The first time, I had to walk the last three minutes of the final interval. So I am probably going to do week 4 two or maybe three more times before I move on.

No comments: