Monday, January 16, 2012

My New Tattoo

I've been thinking about getting a second tattoo for a long time (see number 53 on the 101 Goals list), it just took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to get. Just so you know, it hurts much more to get a tattoo on the ankle than it does to get one on your back.

Since today was a holiday, I finally pulled the trigger and went to Marlowe Ink in Fairfax on the recommendation of a friend. I had a little pencil sketch when I went in and the artist took it and fancied it up a bit for me.

The symbolism of the tattoo is what makes it special. The two sides of the heart are different sizes. The taller side represents a mother and the shorter side is a child. The one star on the top is for my Mom. The two stars on the bottom are for the two miscarriages I had last year. 2011 was a hard year for me, but my hope is that this tattoo will be a reminder of all that I went through and a symbol of going forward.

1 comment:

Aunt Linda said...

Touches my heart...beautiful.