Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Restaurant Week - Part One

Today, one of my co-workers and I went to lunch for Restaurant Week. We went to one of my very favorite restaurants, D.C. Coast. As always, I wasn't disappointed.

For my appetizer, I had the warm balsamic shrimp with wilted spinach, roasted peppers and a garlic toast point. It was three fairly large, tail on shrimp in a lovely balsamic reduction on a pile of wilted spinach.

I had the pecan crusted Idaho trout for the entree, since I love trout and you really don't see it on menus very often anymore. It came with sweet corn pudding, Benton bacon collard greens and a toasted pecan sauce. The corn puddling was very light - almost like a souffle. I don't generally like collards, but these were barely steamed and crisp, with a nice smoky flavor from the bacon.

Dessert was a tough choice, but I finally settled on the key lime cheesecake. This wasn't the traditional cheesecake you might expect. There was no crust, rather it looked like it was unmolded onto the plate from a little ramekin. It was served with a little cookie.

In case you were curious, my co-worker had the mixed greens salad, the pan seared scallops with morel mushroom ravioli (very rich) and the almond creme brulee (which was also yummy).

No comments: