Friday, October 3, 2008

Apple Pickin' Time

Ok, I know, I've been a bad blogger. I am way behind. Therefore, you are going to get three blog updates today covering the last three weeks or so. I'm trying to stay in chronological order.

September 20, 2008

We went to Stribling Orchard to pick apples. It was a great day - sunny and warm. The Macintosh and Jonathons were ready (there were other varieties ready as well, but I wanted cooking apples). We picked about 10 pounds of apples. I made a delicious apple crisp with some and turned the rest into homemade apple sauce. We also bought some apple butter and jam while we were there.

On the way back, we stopped at Barrel Oak Winery in Delaplane to do some tasting. We bought a bottle of the Bowwow White, which tastes a lot like pineapples. The winery is gorgeous and they sometimes have entertainment on Friday nights.

No comments: