Thursday, August 4, 2011

Peach Cobbler

Every Thursday there is a farmers market just north of the White House and right next to my Metro station, so I usually stop in. The peaches had been calling me since I got to work this morning. They've had peaches for a few weeks now, but are just now getting free stone peaches and I wanted cobbler.

This recipe is from my Mom. I as is the case with most of her recipes, I have no idea where she got it. You can use pretty much any fruit in it; I frequently make it with blackberries.

Peach Cobbler

5 c. sliced peaches
1 c. sugar
2 T. corn starch
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 c. water
2 T. butter

Topping:
1 1/2 c. Bisquick
4 T. sugar
2/3 c. cream

Combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and water in a large sauce pan. Heat over medium until sugar dissolves. Add peaches. Stir in butter until melted. Pour into a greased baking dish.

In a separate bowl, mix baking mix, 2 T. sugar and cream to make batter. Drop by spoonfuls on top of fruit. Sprinkle remaining sugar on top of the biscuits.

Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until biscuits are brown.

1 comment:

Val said...

I love peaches. This recipe looks delish!!! I can't wait to try it. :-)

BTW...check out my blog. I recognized your blog with a special award. :-)