Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bad Blogger

I don't know how it got to be this late in the month of July without me posting one single entry. We've definitely been doing things, so I don't know what my problem is. So, I'm going to catch you up a little bit and then next week, there will be tons of entries.

July 4th - We decided not to brave the crowd on the Mall this year and opted for a picnic at one of the Fairfax County parks to watch the fireworks. Granted, we had to eat the picnic in the car due to rain, but it stopped in time for us to get the tarp and the blanket out and stake out a good spot on the grass. It was even surprisingly easy to get out of the lot after the show.

July 5th - We went to see The Lion King at the Kennedy Center. It was soooooo cool. I am desperate to know how long it took the people in the giraffe costumes to learn how to walk with stilts on their hands and feet. The elephant came right down the left aisle of the theatre and there were performers all through the audience at various times. I highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance.

This weekend we are going to NYC for my first visit. I promise to take a million pictures and will post several blogs documenting the trip, maybe one for each day.

No comments: