Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My First Wedding DIY


Here is my first of many do-it-yourself projects that I have planned to keep the cost of this wedding under control. These are the invitations and reply cards. I think they came out very nice.

The blue matches the color of the embroidery on my dress and we are using hydrangeas for the flowers. The invitation is printed on vellum, punched in a lace pattern at the top and bottom (thank you Martha Stewart), layered over a blue card stock and tied with blue ribbon. The whole thing goes in a cream pocket and blue envelope. The reply card has a picture of hydrangeas on the front. The pockets are leftovers from my graduation invitations, the blue paper and envelopes cost $32 at Borders and the cream cards are blank note cards from Hallmark, $6.

Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Donna said...

WOW! I am very impressed. Your invitation is beautiful. I love the colors and detail. You did an amazing job.

Brought back fond memories - Uncle Jim's and my reception invitations (we didn't invite anyone to our wedding) had the same words "we married the one we laugh with, live for, dream with, love", and I can honestly say, after 27 years, it is still true. I pray for the same for you and your Jim.

Hugs,

Aunt Donna

Sara said...

Those are gorgeous! You are going to have a such a pretty wedding.

Janis Maxwell said...

Very beautiful and southern! I love hydrangeas - so, when is the date? I missed that somehow...