Monday, April 21, 2008

Alumni Soccer Day

On Saturday, we went to Randolph-Macon College for Jim's Alumni Soccer Game. It could not have been a prettier day. It was sunny and about 85 degrees outside. I got a little sun and Jim seems to have gotten a lot of sun (nice sock tan line, honey). The traffic could have been better, but that is standard operating conditions for I-95.

We got there right as the game was starting and I have to say the old guys held their own pretty well. They lost, but they didn't embarrass themselves. Even scored one on the current team. The soccer program is building an endowment in the name of their long-time former coach. They are 3/4 of the way to the goal of $120,000.

After the game, they provided a barbecue lunch and adult beverages. We also got RMC Soccer tee-shirts. Since Jim has a UGA t-shirt (see photo), it's fair that I have one from Randolph-Macon. It's unfortunate that they have the same mascot as Georgia Tech, but I think I can forgive them. The other guys in the picture are some of Jim's teammates.

No comments: